24. Its easy for anyone to land a plane, providing there is someone in the
control tower to talk you down.
23. Once applied, lipstick will never rub off – even while scuba diving.
22. During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a strip club at
21. All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets which reach up to the armpit level on a
woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.
20. The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. No one will
ever think of looking for you in there and you can travel to any other part of the
building you want without difficulty.
19. If your town is threatened by an imminent natural disaster or killer beast, the
mayors first concern will be the tourist trade or his forthcoming art exhibition.
18. When paying for a taxi, dont look at your wallet as you take out a bill –
just grab one at random and hand it over. It will always be the exact fare.
17. Kitchens dont have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night, you
should open the fridge door and use that light instead.
16. Television news bulletins usually contain a story that affects you personally at
that precise moment.
15. A single match will be sufficient to light up a room the size of Wembley Stadium.
14. Medieval peasants had perfect teeth.
13. It is always possible to park directly outside the building you are visiting.
12. A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.
11. It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts
– your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a
threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.
10. Police Departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are
deliberately assigned a partner who is their total opposite.
9. An electric fence powerful enough to kill a dinosaur will cause no lasting damage to
an eight-year-old child.
8. If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their
most revealing underwear.
7. It is not necessary to say hello or goodbye when beginning or ending phone
6. Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary
to speak the language. A German accent will do.
5. Even when driving down a perfectly straight road it is necessary to turn the
steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments.
4. The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.
3. Youre very likely to survive any battle in any war – unless you make the
mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.
2. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when
a woman tries to clean his wounds.
1. If being chased through town, you can usually take cover in a passing St.
Patricks Day paradeat any time of the year.